I prefer series more than stand alone books. I think I get so attached to characters and worlds that it’s hard for me to say good-bye.
I become so invested in what I’m reading that I never abandon a series. I always have to see it through to the end.
But there are SO MANY bandwagons to jump on these days. I don’t even just get invested in YA fan clubs! I also like middle grade and adult as well! Some of my favorites are the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu, all of Cassandra Clare’s series that are out such as The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices, Harry Potter of course, Percy Jackson and all other Rick Riordan books, LOTR and The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien, A Song of Fire and Ice By George R. R. Martin, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, The Selection series by Kiera Cass, The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis, Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr, etc.
BUT – there are A LOT I have yet gotten into. Not because I don’t want to but I usually like to finish what I start and that takes time and so does just finding time to read. It’s hard once the school year starts. And there’s always more books to purchase.
Here are the bandwagons I need to hop on eventually, that have caught my interest:
- The Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- The Grisha series by Leigh Bardugo
- The Testing series by Joelle Charbonneau
- All of Rainbow Rowell’s books
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone series by Laini Taylor
- Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
- The Starbound series by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
- The Cousin’s War series by Philippa Gregory
- The Tudor Court series by Philippa Gregory
- The Rebel Belle books by Rachel Hawkins
There’s probably so many more but those are the ones I can think of that I saw around at Barnes& Noble this afternoon. I wanted to by all the first books to these series! Maybe once I get my paycheck in September 🙂